Monday, May 14, 2007

Tribute

I celebrate you today...

Truth outted by her
I hung my head
buried it in my hands
wept afresh for you

I miss you
still love you
still catch myself hoping..dreaming you were around
and oh how much I see you each time I walk
I bump into you
just every other day

Tell you some of the things I miss..?
the colored rice..
the tusker in the stew...
the hurried dinners...
the popped in movies to keep us awake till dinner was ready
the sa(n)dak whoopings

I try to block my eyes from seeing you
my mind from hearing you
your last words to me
our last words

I miss you
I love you
I still say a prayer for you
still mention you
to those close to me
I knew when you left, I saw it..you
but kept in denial

I asked God to let you eat
and finish your food
it tore me apart
when you were no more
It felt as though God had disowned me
as though He heard not my prayers..our prayers

I sacrified for you
I wanted you to live so so bad
I wanted to come back find you
if only I had known those
words were our last
that day our only together
return I never would have
but then again you would not have wanted that

I live on because I know
you look down on me..us
because when I look out my window
every night I know you are the brightest star
that shines, puts a sparkle in my heart

And when the stars are not out
It puts my heart at rest to know
you are at rest with the best
you taught me so much
may be not by words
but actions, just from watching you

I live on because now I know
even those things we think sometimes
matter, don't, not at all
now I know there's more, more
to this life

I see so much of you in me
and it keeps me going
I want to be just like you
and more
you know what..

I cry today
because I know you should have
lived on
I try to find a reason
but I succumb to tears
I'm lost
can still read the placard
I can still hear the soil
I see you


Sleep in peace

13 comments:

jm said...

May God's peace be upon you.
(((prettylyf)))
I whispered a prayer ...

Komi said...

I know, I feel you, I identify with every word you write. But sweetie, life moves on through you. Be strong.
My love and prayers.

dearcabbie said...

I think this you wrote for me cause I am weeping. I wanted someone to live so badly, and I know she is amongst the best. thank you for this one, it's beautiful

dearcabbie said...

I am weeping cause there is someone I didnt want to go. But they did anyway. I know now they are amongst the best and someday I will be there too. It is beautiful and yes

life is what you make it..

dearcabbie said...

Someone left me, I didnt want also to leave. But in your words I am happy they are among the best...

BTW i have now posted

dearcabbie said...

She also left and was distraught
I am happy to know she is amongst the best in your words.

BTW I have now posted

feather said...

Indeed, May He be with You

Klara said...

This is so Movin..My HEART gOES OUT 2 U & ur family..

Prettylyf said...

@Mwas dear thegio. I'm at peace

@Komi-thanks, I know you share in my pain and relate and understand from your own level. It shall be well with you too. Time makes it a tad better, just a tad. Smile with me :)

@dearcabbie-thanks for stopping by and relating with me. My heart goes out to you too. It shall be well with u too. Smile with me, time will make it a tad better, a little at a time

@Feather-He is truly magnificently with me/us. Thank you!

@Klara-thanks :)

Quintessence said...

WOW...fab tribute...I hope the memories and words continue to bring you peace!

Prettylyf said...

@Quintessence-Thanks, a life well lived is worth recording right?

B n P said...

(((huuug))
you KNOW you're in my prayers everyday..they are in the arms of our Good Lord.
-betty-

Prettylyf said...

@Betty-thanks for the prayers!