Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Allergic to Spring

  • How I got this lucky I'll never fathom
  • I believe in God's blessings more than luck
  • The only reason I like spring is b/c it's not winter. Period
  • However, I like winter too. This is b/c I'd rather be cold than hot.
  • I feel that I can control the cold by layering up
  • But the heat? even if I strip nekkid I'm still hot and the discomfort drives me kukuz
  • Don't get it twisted I love summer. Days by the pool, bbqs with friends and ice cold, tall drinks, late nights. I tell ya all the good things happen in summer!
  • The only reason I loathe spring is b/c of the pollen and dust that comes with it. I get all clogged, my throat scratchy, my nose congested and runny. You name any allergy symptom and I'm it during spring.
  • This spring is no exception
  • For the past slightly over two weeks I've been one sick puppy.
  • I always self-prescribe
  • Y'know what they say about people in the medical field been the worst patients
  • Yup that would be me
  • Hospitals make me sick. But only when am in one as the patient
  • It gets me when I've to go in there and get taken care of
  • I'm used to been the care provider
  • So anyway I self-prescribed until I realized I was getting worse
  • I called my girlfriend who's a nurse and she collaboratively made some suggestions
  • Off to the pharmacy I went and home I came laden with different medications to kill the discomfort
  • I'm way better today than I've been in the last two weeks
  • One night last week I called my dear moms (bless her soul) in tears. I could not fall asleep b/c I was getting SOB (short of breath). Yes, that's how bad my allergens get. Of course moms, being just moms stayed on the phone with me, even said a prayer for me
  • The s.o.? I fell in love with him all over again that night. He was so worried and wanted me to go into urgent care but me? I wasn't budging. So he stayed there and repeatedly said a prayer for me over and over. I was feeling very sick. But amidst it all I had this huge grin on my face b/c I mean we pray together but this was different. I was so moved, literally moved. I wanted to feel better just so he'd know his prayers were heard. He was so cute saying it over and over. I listened until I fell asleep. I love, love, love him

11 comments:

Kafo said...

i am kinda with you
on the whole i love summer but there is only a limit to the clothes you can shed and i love spring cuz it comes after winter

but then winter holds a special place in my heart too

lol

Jennifer A. said...

Someone is in love....puppy-dog love...awwww. I love it that u guys pray together.

Medical people always self-diagnose themselves...it's so funny. Esp as a medical student just learning these things (*medical student syndrome*).

Anyhoo...I'm IN LOVE WITH SPRING. Woohoooo!!!

Prettylyf said...

@Kafo-Hey, I also forgot to say I like spring for all the beautiful flowers it springs our way :)

@Jaycee-lol I've been in love so long it's not even funny tsk. I love, love that we pray together too. It surprises a lot of people and I love it lol at you MSS you'll survive it

Savvy Dreamer said...

The 1st part of the blog reflect my feeling to a T!!!

As for your 'him'... awwwwwwww... so sweet. You know I'm a sucker for romance. Did you give him a bug hug and kiss for the time he spent with you and the prayers?

Anonymous said...

Antihistamines always work for the allergy right now i am also suffering tho i don't know what Winter, summer and spring are all about.

Anonymous said...

erm, since sijui spring feels like hwat, all i'll say is pole for the spring affecting you and very true mganga hajigangi...a doctor doesn't doctor herself...heehehe, hope you continue feeling better, ooooh, we know you will continue feeling better thanks to Him and him...

pandave said...

you poor poor thing! i would suggest you try taking some local honey on the daily. you may find that helps as well.

i myself HATE winter. HATE it. give me summer any day. i'll sit in a cool pool all day but this endless winter is more than i can take.

and i am dreading the allergies when the weather in this part of the country decides to "do spring".

Maua said...

I'm sprung in bed too, wondering when summer comes. But if Mr Maua prayed with me, winter, summer, spring or fall, the difference will be the same.

Prettylyf said...

@nahjaj-yup lotsa kisses and bear hugs for him :)

@be silent-be glad you don't know what they're lol trust me antihistamines has been my middle name for a while. hope you get well, ASAP!

@modo-thanks and i'll remember the methali lol

@Pandave-I know. I can't believe it's still Winter in the East. Hope the allergies don't gitt you! Thanks I'll try the honey though I've been drinking it in my green tea? is that the same? or do you mean i take a plain spoonful of the stuff?

@Maua-Hope Mr.Maua prays with you now and always. And can summer come already!

gishungwa said...

The praying together had me ooohing and aahing, thats sweet a man who intercedes for you. May God keep you and s.o and your mum.

Nakeel said...

Eeh someone in love you go sis and stop that habit of self presciption. Enjoy your spring.