Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Break

  • I've been on spring break for the last 10+ days
  • Its been fun
  • Doing lots of nothing besides staying under covers
  • Sleeping in, eating and watching movies
  • I could see myself doing this for the rest of my life
  • Ok, I'm kidding
  • It gets old after a while
  • You get so used to waking up to an agenda of to-do things
  • And then you've a week off and have absolutely no idea what to do with it
  • I caught up on sleep
  • And all my shows
  • I love, love the comedy-How I met your mother-
  • It was a fun time off
  • I'm not thrilled to be going back to work and school
  • But I'm also not sure I could hack staying indoors for another day
  • Ok, I know I'll be taking all of these back on Monday
  • But let's only dwell on now
  • I'm counting down to the end of April
  • Wow I've been learning growing up is totally something else
  • I love it. All the responsibility and you know the whole shebang that comes with it
  • Anyway I'm learning it's not really all it's made out to be
  • Ok so there's the fun side of growing up
  • And then there is pains of growing up
  • I'm afraid growing up is more of an ongoing process than a stage you hit then it plateaus (which actually is what I always thought it to be for a long while)
  • I'm glad it's ongoing b/c perfectly honestly I don't do well with time limits.
  • I know I'm not making a whole lot of sense
  • But growing up is a process I've been continually experiencing and also something that has been on my mind a lot lately
  • Growing up. It's everywhere.
  • It might be a bit scary but am learning to embrace it alright
  • It's when you learn to make decisions
  • It's when you learn to slow down and not be rash
  • It's when you learn to hold a straight face and when to laugh it off
  • It's learning the consequences
  • It's keeping the lessons
  • It's learning to work with what you have
  • It's selflessness
  • Growing up? it's a lot of things
  • I could not possibly write them all
  • But, I'm also learning that...
  • It's also learning to pray without ceasing
  • And seeking the best direction from God

7 comments:

pandave said...

i too love how i met your mother. it is legen... wait for it... dary!

but i find sometimes after getting used to a break i get busy on the break and wonder how i ever found time to do stuff when at work full time!

Unknown said...

how I met your mother is funny.

So did yo do well on this, the Monday after the long break?

Anonymous said...

"It's keeping the lessons"

very true. well atleast you've learnt how to grow up, some of us...er...(sticks thumb in mouth)

glad you're enjoying(ed) the break despite staying indoors...i'd 'die' if i stayed indoors more than one full day...itchy butt!

Jennifer A. said...

Growing up....scary abi???

U know what? I have a question...will there ever be a time in life when we'll be completely grown up? Lolll...I don't think we'll ever reach that stage. Each day, there's always something amazingly NEW to learn...and it kinda makes life interesting if u think abt it.

BTW...I loved the spontaneity/randomness of this post...LOLLLL...

Prettylyf said...

@Pandave-lol yes suit up! there you go one more HIMYM fan! Imtellnya I don't know how we hack work and still get other things done

@3TOC-The Monday is going...

@Modo-I'm with you after staying indoors for a while it does get old

@Jaycee-yup, just as i said growing up in something ongoing. It does not happen in a day or over the years. It happens everyday

Charm said...

Yes, growing up is a process-its important to realize where one is at or where one needs to start a fresh-its complicated but worth it.

Just doing a Saturday bumming at home gets me think its already gotten old-does this mean we enjoy our own company less?

I love love your writing style-very like the way i think-One thing at a time yet many things in one all rolled up and still makes sense.

joyunspeakable2011 said...

* i hate staying home
* then i start enjoying myself
* then i have to go back to work
* then i wonder why the days off just flew
* i hear you