Saturday, April 19, 2008

Today I cried

My blinds are half drawn. My t.v. is on but on mute. I'm sitted on the floor, in front of my laptop, my legs crossed in my living room. My head hurts a little. My cheeks feel dry. Beside me sits a soaked Kleenex. I just had myself a good cry. My eyes are red and puffy. My lips, nose and throat feel dry. The room is dark, only lit my the t.v. light. I cried for a lot of reasons. I cried for every joy, every frustration, every time I've felt overwhelmed and not cried. I feel very sad. I need to make a lot of decisions. I called my best friend but I ended up getting off the phone b/c even he wasn't getting me. It's for a lot of reasons and no reason at all. A good cry cleanses the soul it is said. I hope mine is cleansed. This cloud too shall pass. I smile amidst this tears b/c despite getting harder as i draw near to the end of the proverbial tunnel I do know for sure things will get better. I do have faith and hope things won't always be this tough. I pray and trust God.

After all it is all part of growing up. Or is it?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it may well be. Hope yo felt better after.

Inyanla V. not sure that is how her name is spelt and I am too lazy to look it up but she wrote a poem called "yesterday I cried" and when I started reading your post, reminded me of that poem.

Nakeel said...

"A good cry cleanses the soul" yes I have heard that severally and I hope it did. It will be well sis. Lovely week. it is said

joyunspeakable2011 said...

i got something for you....please read http://joyunspeakable-lifesmysteries.blogspot.com/2008/04/when-words-hurt.html

Maua said...

1 Sam 1, Hannah cried to the Lord, and Eli, the high priest, who should have seen her problems in the spirit, thought she was drunk. I don't need to tell you the outcome, cry if you have to. I comfort myself that my tears block my vision, I have to cry and shed them off to clear the view.

Your best friend lives up high, and your knees are the best highway to Him.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((u))))))))))

Prettylyf said...

@3TOC-Iyanla, love her poetry. Her books to and I very well know the poem you're talking about :) Thanks, girlie!

@Nakeel-Hey sis I did have a lovely weekend, thank you :)

@Joyunspeakable-Thanks and off to find it

@Maua-You could not be more right. My bestfriend of all my bestfriends is Jesus and HR!

@Modo-that hug my dear hit the spot and did the trick. Thanks :)

pandave said...

i think crying is very important and apparently the scientists do too. there are things we need to let out and they say we live longer if we do a little crying. you start and there is a heaviness and you finish and feel a little lighter. you let got of some things and then when you look up they are no longer blocking your view.
and then it is easier to reach that light at the end of the tunnel.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

oh you poor baby! i know how that is! its what college does to you, whatife hands you all at the same time, what makes your soul scream help!!!

Jennifer A. said...

Things will NOT always be this tough. This too, shall pass. I love ur honesty. Hope u didn't finish a whole box of kleenex now, lol.