Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter is here!!!



We make Jesus drag that cross
In our thoughts,
We crucify Him,

We put Jesus back on the cross
with our actions,
We crucify Him

We hammer nails on Jesus' hands
by our words,
We crucify Him,

We put a thorn-crown on His head
by who we are,in our personalities
We crucify Him

We crucify Jesus
again and again
everyday,
from season to season

Yet, He remains faithful
His grace sufficient
His mercies renewed
His love steadfast
His forgiveness ample
all these given us freely

But for how long can we crucify Him?
What do we do that crucifies Him?
How can we stop it?
Do we even want stop?

Happy Easter to You & Yours and God's blessings!!!



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's an eye/heart-opener!

happy easter to you too. God bless!

Savvy Dreamer said...

the words of this poem are so true!!!

Happy Easter to you too!

gishungwa said...

food for thought, Yet he is still faithful,loving, just, kind, merciful.

gishungwa said...

Amen my dear.

Anonymous said...

Happy easter

Zoe Believer said...

Been a while since i've been here. Thank God I came today. Lord, forgive me for crucifying you by my words and actions. I thank you for the price you paid for my redemption. Salvation was free for me but it cost you everything. God bless you prettylyf. Happy Easter. We celebrate His resurrection.

Nakeel said...

Very True. Happy Easter Siz

joyunspeakable2011 said...

Let his will be.
happy easter

Renee Wagemans said...

God bless you this easter. Remember that will send you my poetry booklet by mail. Please send me your address. my mail is robrenee@xs4all.nl
Renee

Kafo said...

i like

merry easter

Jennifer A. said...

By our words, our actions, our personalities...we crucify Him. How can we stop nailing Him to the cross over and over again?

Deep...

I believe we have doors of escape for every wrong thing we are tempted to do...we just need to "see" these doors and know they are available...and then we need to flee. But I know it can't be by our power or our might...

Thanks for this post...

Unknown said...

powerful

Prettylyf said...

Modo-Thanks!
Nahjaj-Thanks and hope you had a fab easter!
Gish-Ditto!
Be Silent-Hope you had a happy easter too
Believer-glad you could stop by today
Nakeel-thanks
Joy Unspeakable-thanks
Renee-off to send you my address
Jaycee-ditto
Kafo-thanks :)
3TOC-thanks