Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So my life is real and not all about poems

I don't know how to write posts. Honestly, I suck at doing the whole paragraph thing. Or may be it's the punctuation that just gets to me. So, let's just do it in bullets.
  • I called my grandpa this weekend and he answered his cellphone. I was (and still) am thrilled. My grandma always picks it up then puts him on. But this time? it was different. Grandpa did all by himself. Woot!
  • I do not like my job.
  • I do not like my boss
  • Well I don't mind her but on some days like yesterday I just want to stand up and yell "I quit" lol. Is that passive aggressive or anal-retentive.
  • One of my pet peeves is people who misspell names
  • My boss does
  • Please explain to me how you suddenly decide to put a capital letter in the middle of my name
  • Argghhh
  • My s.o. and I've always lived in different parts of the world
  • He's moving to town in less than a week
  • I'm thrilled
  • I'd love to go to Miami for Easter
  • Both my BFF and I are broke and doubt we still won't be by Easter
  • Tomorrow is GNO (girls night out)
  • One of my girlfriends suggested PF Changs. WTH? she just killed the whole excitement. Now I do not want to go :(
  • The class I'm taking right now is driving me insane. I just want it done. Everyday there's one more thing that needs to be turned in
  • I finally decided on what to wear to my girlfriend's wedding. A black bubble dress, silver jewelery, silver clutch and silver heels. I do not want to look morbid with all black.
  • I suck at punctuation. Can you tell?
  • Most of my sentences are run-ons
  • Most if not all my friends are older than me. The youngest is 10 years older.
  • I have so much passion for church on Sundays. It's like my day's highlight.
  • I can't bring myself to talk to my cousin. She broke some bad news to me in what I consider, a very uncouth way.
  • She keeps paging me. I get missed calls from her all the time. It's been 20 days. I'm not holding a grudge, really, I just don't know what to say to her.
  • I guess I'm just disappointed. I expected way better.
  • I'm getting my own apartment. For the first time I can call a place my own. The lease is in my name. I called the gas & electric company and set up an account under my name. I'm beyond thrilled.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehehe, I was reading this thinking- it was a tag thing. Then halfway through- I was like "hala" this is a post. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

• i must say i found this hilarious.
• you finally found something to wear...erm...okay...
• kwani changs kuna what? are the meals as short as the people?
• the youngest is 10 years older? kwani your pals are in homes...hehehheh
• and i know by now you know i'm enjoying this points thing.

don't tell me she texted you very sad news? coz that enyewe is terrible. WOOOOHOOOO! on your own digs. all the best.

Prettylyf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prettylyf said...

@TOC-thanks
@Modo-What do you mean meals as short ad people? hmm...that's kind of offensive despite my not getting it lol. I just don't deem PF Changs a GNO spot is all :) I'm picky, can you tell?

City Love said...

miss your emails, pretty lady :)

7 said...

I used to think I was bad with punctuations and grammar too, I still am not totally confident but choose to liberate myself by writing anyway. As for your coz, are you comfortable telling her exactly how you said it here, letting her know it was insensitive. Communication goes a long way. Congrats on the new digs!

Prettylyf said...

@CL-Will write you soon
@Ebony-I was very vocal to her about what I was not comfortable with about her and about misspelling my name too. She says she'll respect my requests :)

gishungwa said...

First things first, Ketepa on the way for the housewarming and loads of hugs.Then enjoy P.O moving back whether you travel or not.

Anonymous said...

I thought i hated sentences but you are my winner

Nakeel said...

All the best in your place and yes enjoy when he comes town. Very interesting.

Savvy Dreamer said...

i like the bullets

u can get tangled up in a parargraph

congrats on the apartment!!!

joyunspeakable2011 said...

i thought you were in poetry for real.....now i know...lol

guess you need to spoil yourself...but watch

anal...re-what? you must be one aggressive person

your cuzo...she's just huMan..the trUth is the faCts she pasSed could not be annuled whichever way sHe passed the misSive. forGive gAl

now PLEASE go back to class

Anonymous said...

haha funny how ur syke died with PF changs.. older friends rock..:) i have many of those too:)
nice

Prettylyf said...

Joyunspeakable-I'm not aggressive am assertive!

joyunspeakable2011 said...

oops...i stand corrected.