Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Prayer to God for You

You're an awesome person
full of wisdom
your wise words speak volumes to all of us
we sit at your feet and are awed by you

Your pride in us
causes us to shed tears
that pride that we can find nowhere else
your way to let us know you're done proud by us
the way you tell it to others

I'm sad you're left alone
you made me smile this morning
this technology makes you wonder huh?
all things in due time you say to me

You'll make it
you'll sit there alone
after every last person has left
and you're going to be strong for her and us

I shudder at the thought of your being alone
I cannot close my eyes
and see you sitted there solo
I refuse to ponder your loneliness
you've always done us proud
and this time
will be no different

I'm praying for you
that God send his angels to your door
to console and comfort you
and keep you company

I'm praying you agree to eat
eat and finish all your food
remember what they said? you now have two plates
one for her and one for you

Each last one of us is watching
rooting for you
cheering you on
we well know you'll conquer this

My heart broke for you
when she told me how much you wept
but you'll be fine
tears will cleanse you
and bring you peace

I pray you warmth
when you go to bed each night
I pray you fall asleep fast
I refuse that you'll agonize over sleep
you'll sleep right through the night
and the birds' chirping will arouse you
every morning

I trust God and know
He has brought you to this
and will bring you through it
I pray you find the strength to keep going to mass

After all is said and done
after we all pretend how much we're holding it together for you
after we all cry in private to save you the sights
after we all toss and turn in agony before we fall asleep
after we all cry as we leave and hate ourselves for leaving you alone
after we send up prayers that you remain strong
after all these and much more
you'll be the one person we'll all look up to and draw strength from
you'll be the one person who will keep each of us going
you still we'll be our one guide
of this I've no doubt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow, this just jumped out and grabbed me. i could see myself in your words...

awesome and very comforting!

Jayn Sean said...

Oh! My God! This is just so beautiful.

God bless you too babes...! I hope you fine.

Jennifer A. said...

wow, this post exudes...strength. I pray the person of whom u speak abt will obtain this strength to endure through the pain...

*sigh*

gishungwa said...

beautiful post

Maua said...

With the angels around, all will be well.

Very powerful.