Saturday, October 06, 2007

Four years on Wednesday

How is it that time flies so much
It's been four years
How is it that it all seems just like yesterday
so fresh in my mind
four years
yet still I turn and toss
when i wake to a dream you're in

Four years H
still I see your empty grave
four years
still I hear the dirt pouring in over
your casket

Four years
and time hasn't healed this wound
it has wounded the healing
four years
still addicted to this pain

We still can't let you go
tomorrow I'll be there in spirit
haven't I always been
I'll listen as they speak of you
you were an angel

Four years H
still I catch myself
sending up a prayer for you
four years and my eyes still tear
my heart still aches
my soul is still sorrowful
H, rest in peace

But she and I
we push them to go see him
each time we talk
I harshly inquire of their last visit
I bitterly remind them you watch down from up above

Four years and still
I hear you call my name
still hear you yell mom's name
from the gate
still you talk to me
reprimanding she and I to not go on that 'walk'
understanding only too well of the mischief
oh H
with a smile and a chuckle still you let us

Four years H
and still you talk to me
still I run into you down the street
still I can't stop crying over your demise
four years still no scar
just a wound still so fresh
not a scab over it,no

Oh, H
do you look down on us
do you still love us
do you remember each one of us
do want us to not cry
are you really in a better place

It's been a tough week for us
but since you've been gone
each day has been a rude awakening of you
gone on a no return journey

Do you rest in peace?



18 comments:

Unknown said...

May God give you the strength to face not just the days but the life ahead.

Is H in a better place??? Jesus promises a better place does He not?


(((((((prettylyf)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

((((((((((prettylyf))))))))) **no words to add here** H does watch over you...

Valley Girl said...

You have a beautiful way with words.

feather said...

am sure they're resting in peace.

Rinsola said...

Thank God for the time H spent with you while on earth. May God you and your family the strength you live life without H. Take care prettylyf

Anonymous said...

Echo Three and Muthii.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

awwww! absolutely sympathizing with you. and here...http://africansunrise.blogspot.com/2006/06/by-your-side.html, is a little note to you from H.

Admin UD said...

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the old things are gone

...it is well!

Anonymous said...

(((((((prettylyf)))))))

Unknown said...

Today is Thursday,.Just to say, thinking of you.

david mcmahon said...

As a fellow writer, I have to say you have the power of communication.

Klara said...

(((U)))
May H Soul R.I.P
Am sure H read this it She would be moved...

Angeleyes said...

That is beautiful, and I too am sure H is resting in peace. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem.

Angeleyes said...

That was beautiful and I too am sure H is resting in peace. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem.

Michelle said...

That was beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

beaut1ful poem. seems heaven got an angel

pandave said...

these are truly lovely and loving words. very fitting.

here's to comfort.

Anonymous said...

am late but {{{{{P}}}}