Thursday, August 30, 2007

Terrific Thursday

NOT! With that said still it was a beautiful day sans the 105 F temp. I cannot wait for winter. I don't know for the life of me how to deal with heat, I'd rather be cold. Ok so you think I'm saying that b/c it doesn't snow where I live but I've lived in cities/states that snow and still hacked it. I've boots and coats fetish and hats too :) can I say it enough that I want it to be winter already.

I went out to the sizzler last night and partook of some clam chowder soup, plain veggie salad, some ambrosia salad and a piece of water melon. Not only does it read and write like a pretty healthy dinner but it ate pretty well too. Well until I got home and say 2hrs later my stomach was in sheer turmoil. It was a long night of tossing and turning, at about 3am I was starting to dose off until my twin called me and jolted me back from the sleeping world. lol later on he sent me a text apologizing b/c I'd sounded very grumpy and cranky. but I hadn't slept all night and just when I was about to he calls and I was waking up in an hour, not exactly my idea of a terrific day lol next time i'll clobber his head, poor thing! anyway I went to work and was pathetic and ended up coming back home at 0130pm. I drank lotsa fluids to flush out my GI (gastrointestinal) system and got my fave jamba juice drink, tahiti green tea, i'm hooked on green tea, since i quit coffee, green tea is the new coffee

I've been sleeping since and just barely woke up. It's a quarter till 10pm and suffice to say I'm not a tiny bit sleepy. I need to do some online assessments and now you'd think is the perfect time to do them right? well until of course I got on the website and it's down for maintenance and it says to check back after 12:01 AM CDT friday August 31st. Perfectly honestly this is the last thing I need right now, my plate is full as it is. I NEED to do the two, 100-question assessments before Saturday 8am. This isn't an act of procrastination I just wait them out until now because it's what works best for me, for reasons you wouldn't fathom *sigh*

I'm so scared of eating b/c a sick stomach is one of the worst things. In the meantime I'll keep snacking on crackers and water. I just want it to be gone by saturday

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a very loose nut somewhere in your head, make sure they find it- who LIKES winter? Are you well?

Pole on the stomach upset lakini stay on the crackers and water for a while.
p.s. you are not well in more ways than one mami!

Prettylyf said...

@TTC What do you mean -not well in more ways than one-?

gishungwa said...

come here {{{P}}}}. Pole sana you will be alright. Upset stomach= fluids+fruits.

Nakeel said...

Pole siz on the stomach I hope you get better. Lovely weekend.

lulu said...

WHAT THE HECK IS CLAM CHOWDER...
MEANWHILE EAT APPLES...CLEANSES YOUR TUMMY.
I HATE THE HEAT TOO... ID LIVE COLD ALL MY LIFE IF I COULD AND I HAVE A FETISH FOR PRETTY SWEATERS AND PUSHMINAS

Prettylyf said...

@Gish-thanks K, you're the best :) I'm on it..the fruits+fluids

@nakeel-hey sis am feeling better already this morning, thanks and have a great weekend too!

@lulu-gee, thanks for yelling lol j/k clam chowder is a type of chunky soup with clam, potatoes chunks, onions, pepper e.t.c. Apples cleanse the stomach? I thought they kept the doctor away?lol ok, come to think of it i haven't had one in a while so i'll eat some today. Now, now, now I love pashminas and though I owe hardly any, that's an accessory a girl's to have for sure. Wanna swap my sweaters for your pashminas?

pandave said...

you poor thing! hope the stomach is over the sensitive stage. i hope your mind is over the scared of what will happen if i eat phase.

you have a twin? really?

what a fantastic thursday you had. you know what was missing? yoga class.

Unknown said...

how are you not well.........who likes winter? sii you must be unwell to like the cold.

Prettylyf said...

@Pandave-yes I do have a twin, really lol the stomach has been a tad better today, am off to buy some gatorade b/c i feel some electroltye imbalance or does yoga fix that kind of balance too? lol i kid. I'll look into yoga..seriously i do need the balance, hope you've posted coz am off to yours! :)

@TTC-I opt to remain unwell if well means loving summer *gags* lol

feather said...

you long for the winter?

KM said...

Sorry you feel shady...

For balancing salts and electrolytes, natural coconut water is more restorative and better for ya than any commercial product you could find. But I don't know if y'all have coconuts in your area? If not, I guess -ade will have to do! ;-)

Rest up,
KM

Prettylyf said...

@FEATHER-oh yeah! i long for winter

@KM-thanks for stopping by :) and the advice, i am well now but am keeping the ad if i ever need it again or someone else for that matter i'll pass it on, better to know and not need than to need and not know right? okie i just made that up but hey you get the flow right?