Sunday, August 19, 2007

weekend ramblings

i rarely blog about my life and/or what's going on with me so this is a tad weird. lately, my weekends have been starting on thursday nights,ta! it's been a great weekend, slept in friday, went to the library later that afternoon, studied some, went out to Daphine's for some greek dinner. had a good long walk later. got home, chilled. slept in saturday, woke up mid-morning, did some 2 papers that were due and turned them in then did some few updates here and there. stayed in bed,lazing off until 2pm, got up, hit the shower and went over to a friend's to help her out with some papers and just chill out. did the papers. watched a a movie i love-resevoir dogs-highly recommend it, if you haven't seen it. and please tell me, do you believe in tips??i'll tell you this much...hmm let me hold it until you tell me if you do or don't. went out to chevy's for dinner at nine-ish ( i know, bad eating habits, i should know i'm a...) let me shut my yap.got home at almost midnight, a friend i haven't seen in a minute called, hang out for a minute, blacked out at one-ish.up at 5, doing laundry, 7 folding and putting it away.had some cereal and banana. now in bed chilling. i go to church, night service, it's barely 11am what will i do with myself? see, this is where the 'problem' comes in, lately i've had too much time heck my gf is complaining her day doesn't have 'nuff hours and me, oh well me, mine has lately had this excess time. i love life, for the most part of it. i'll divulge you in a few things about me. today was my dear moms birthday, i love my moms to the very last tid bit. she's simply awesome!i've caught myself one too many a time lol subconsciously remembering something she has told me in the past. purely hilarious.
i like greek and seafood cuisines. i could live int the sea me.i cook well, almost like i attended culinary school in my previous life. i love God more than anyone (inlcuding my moms and s.o.) that if there was an advert for God I'd do it. i'm not a saint, just a sinner who KEEPS falling but GETTING UP. i'm very private and reserved. i don't trust easy. i've been told i've a wall around me, it's just not me to let my guard down. i'm caring, i look out for those i love and care for. heck i look out for everyone regardless of whether i relate to them in anyway. i'm a free spirit.i've passion to help. i'll give and be left without. i loathe a violation of who i am, don't cross the line and we're fine, cross it and suffice to say you're out. sometimes i'm too hard on myself, i beat up myself. excellence and great performance is my crux. to reach out to those who need me will be the death of me. i have a shoes, bags and clothes fetish. i obssess over scrubbing my face. i believed in just liking for a very long time, until i happened on the flipside. i drink a lot of water,
sometimes i worry i'll get dilutional hyponatremia . i gotta have a venti green tea most mornings. running liberates me. i'm a neat freak. i have to be the most impatient person there is in the whole world over. i try to be patient really i do. i detest to be kept waiting. i'm a very time-conscious person. i keep time. i give my word and keep it and if i can't i'll let you know. i like horses. i grew up going to horse races with the paps. i believe words are very powerful, therefore i feel it is of most essence to ponder before utterance of some words. it's hard to take words back. words grow on you. words written can be erased but words uttered not same difference. my taste for music is very different. currently am hooked on a xtian radio station, klove, they say it's in all states, it's int'l too, try it if you like contemporary xtian music, very good music.i've this insatiable passion to reach out to orphans. i went to boarding school all my life. for along time in my life i only missed my moms. the person i've grown up to be reflects differently measured up against my age

18 comments:

gishungwa said...

Happy belated birthday to your Ma. Great Post{{{P}}}

lulu said...

am a firstie! wooohoooo!
okay i share some of your personality traits but i dont think i take too much water or really into orphans...i love people though and go the extramile for them...well i think you are a melancholic/ choleric...thats my guess on the personality scale...i like to study people...

Anonymous said...

hey, this is cool...

i find that very very inspiring (for lack of a better word) you've accepted you are a sinner who keeps falling but you always get up...nice.

reservoir dogs is a great movie...cheap budget...yaani it all happens in a warehouse...the guy tarantino is the best....

nice write-up about you...

Unknown said...

Could it be that I am first. Good post. mmm many fine qualities in here. Principled is the one word- I want to use to describe you. "If there was an advert for God I'd do it"- beautiful.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

dilutional what?!!
you'd be fun to live with...two neat freaks=toatl order and sanity forever!!
I envy how much time you feel like you have. my schedule runneth over:)
i'm still timidly poking at people's veins meanwhile.

Prettylyf said...

@Gish-thanks, she had a good one!

@lulu-you're actually a secondie lol j/k you like to study people? why,now that is a lit'l perturbing lol

@modo-thanks! ok, thanks for bringing that to me, didn't think of it that way, yanno the whole warehouse idea it now brings back memories of the movie-phonebooth- lol that is so true! John Tarantino and Steve Buscemi are awesome

@ttc-why,thanks dear!

@scothbiscuits-poke on my dear and you + me=perfect rooming lol most times i have no time most days i am my gf who's day lacketh enuff hours, come this weekend, pulling out my hair one by one is going to be less painful than the 8chapters I gotta study *sigh*

Admin UD said...

pretty nice style of writing. me likey! Cheers!

Betty said...

wow..that was nice!! you have such a big heart :)

Happy blated bday Mama Pretty.

Chatterly said...

belated birthday greets to ya mommy...mine is still the number one person i miss terribly whenever i am not home. sweet of you to let us get to know you a little better - shall we swap shoes? i LUV mine to bits!

feather said...

now we know just a tad more about you.

Anonymous said...

DOPE DOPE post!!

No doubt your writing style has me in...
Will be back [Lyf_Pretty]

All those ramblings, lovin 'em

Klara said...

Weya was I aki??
Happy belated one!
Graet post!

Anonymous said...

Great post..nice place. Off to update :)

Soulsisters said...

that was strange reading that...cause it's like you are, once again, describing me...well, other than drinking water...i hate water and can only drink sparkling or bottled...

SisBigBones said...

My first time visiting your blog and my, what an appropriate post for me to read. Thanks for stopping by earlier, I'll pay you a lot more visits.

ps. what's with the water "addiction"? I inherited a very strange thing from my grandpa in that I don't drink water at all, unless I take a sip with my pills (very rare). In a year, perhaps I drink one bottle of water.

pandave said...

happy birthday to your mom!
i so envy you... i constantly try to plot where i shall catch up on sleep... sigh.
isn't it amazing what running can do? sometimes i wonder why i do the running but perhaps it is the liberation that keeps me going... i just have to make sure i hit that stride.

pandave said...

oh... and finally getting mail again. since today. i won't get mad, i'll just be happy that i have it now.

Prettylyf said...

@ugo daniels-thanks for swinging by :)
@Betty-she had a great bday!
@Chatterly-I say let's do the shoe-swap
@feather-exactly right
@mrback2basics-thanks for stopping by, be back :)
@Klara-thanks
@Shamza-thanks for stopping by
@nae-I don't understand how someone cannot like water??
@sisbigbones-one bottle a year? you got jokes...thanks for stopping by!
@pandave-i think i spoke too soon many are the days the most sleep i get is 4hrs, running is so liberating, it just sets free :) glad you're getting mail,yaay!