Friday, July 13, 2007

Those days

There are days when I feel ready to begin
then there are others I feel most unprepared

There are times when all I do is ball out my eyes
then there are others i laugh my ribs into pain

There are days when nothing seems to make sense
then others when am the one pointing out to others
how much sense everything really makes

There are days when I need not a reminder that tough times don't last
and that better days are nigh
then those that I've to be reminded, it has to be hammered into me
it has to be rubbed all over my face
I have to be made sit and reminded I know this, that I know better
that I've said it to others, that on most days it's what I walk, talk, eat

There are days when I've a clue
others am just so lost and clueless
others I just zone out

There are days when I can't wait to awake
others I want to stay under those covers
stay underneath forever

There are days I'll talk
others I'm quiet, withdrawn,behind my walls
searching, finding
contemplating

There are days am upto to everything
others I just want to sit and do nothing
just look into space, get lost in my own fantasies

There are those days
then others
and until i'm jolted back to reality
It's either one

When I get on my knees
when I bow this head
When in discreet I whisper away a prayer
When I murmur to myself
God intervenes
see I can't explain how
but I do know for sure
there's power in a prayer

There's revelation when I wait on God
there's success when I involve Him in my life
there's excellence all around me
there are breakthroughs

I find answers,
to all my questions...

Have a blessed and beautiful weekend!

9 comments:

Three types of Crazy said...

I can identify with all those days, it is just a shame that I knwing just how much prayer works- I don't prayer much more.

gishungwa said...

Prayers work wonders, sometimes when i feel like my prayers are inadequate i call ma and ask her to pray for me and that works.

feather said...

been there too, i only wish that when those low days come, i'd be stronger. where do i put all the strength i gathered during the better times.

Klara said...

Lovely
Have a blessed week too!!

Prettylyf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prettylyf said...

@three types of crazy-that you identify wit me tells me the lil sanity I still have isn't lost yet, no? lol ok I'd say try and pray more?

@Gish-I always pray wit my moms too and I feel like her's hit heaven so fast what's up with that?

Feather-I know where is the strength from better days? gotta look deeper me thinks

@Klara-Thanks!

dearcabbie said...

Amen sister girl, life can be such a challenge and I 've learnt that ultimately I call upon the Lord.

dearcabbie said...

by the way the posting on Pandave is too funny. I need to prepare, take judo or something to keep my future hubby in line. Or rather he had better be polished when we finally meet.

Prettylyf said...

@Cabbie dearest, Imtellnya there's none like God. As of the hubs and judo, i'm right there wit you, I shall take no crap lol kickboxing will line him up before he gets his walk on