Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Super Understanding

I lay in bed,
tossed and turned all night long
I cried myself to sleep
not a soul to talk to
not a heart to confide in

I walked,
lost in my thoughts
stuck in the past
trying to make something of the present
to build a future

Lost in my ways
I turned myself around
lay in the bed I made
not a wink
no sleep
yet no regrets

Because this time
I kept the lessons
held them close to me

I didn't think anyone really cared
I don't even think i wanted anyone to
but in my heart of hearts
I hoped for a true soul out there
that truly would

That soul is you,
and am graetful to God
you help me keep my faith
show me how to wait it out

You teach me how to keep hoping
never to sell-out
always to reconsider

It's your thought, that keeps me safe in the dark
your prayer, keeps me warm in the cold
your love sends me protection
and guidance from up above
because I know you murmur away a prayer to God
just for me

I try to not let go
because I know
regardless of everything
you think me, happy thoughts
hope and pray me only the best

This mystery puzzle
called me
is now almost complete
all its pieces just about
put together

I'm most thankful to God
for you
because you make me tear away at what
an awesome and amazing person you are

So if you ever loose your hope
you can have mine
if you get lost
I'll ask God to help me find you
because me and you walk the same line

I'll shine a light for you
when it's dark
I'll try my best to be there
to help you feel your way around

If that cloud too should pass
I know another will come
and still i'll stand on the other side of the shore
waiting for you
God help me
because when we meet what we are afraid of
we find out what we are made of

I've something real in you
because you and I speak
the same language
even in silence
you get me,
and feels great to be got

Your words give me strength
knowing you're there
keeps me going



18 comments:

Soulsisters said...

I just read all your entries...and I felt like someone had looked into my soul and wrote down what they saw...it's great to know that there are others out there...

gishungwa said...

{{{{{{P}}}just what i need. Thanks.

feather said...

the one good thing about times like this is that they make the soul sensitive to the things that really matter or the people that really matter.

Three types of Crazy said...

"and if that cloud too should pass, I know another one will come. and I will still stand at the shore waiting for you"- the whole poem deep, those lines right there...............LOUD. Nice

Klara said...

@nae
I know that feelig I always get it when I read her posts!
@prettly
Touching as usual!

Anonymous said...

aw man, gal, rather...that's neat...deep! it's great when you connect with someone...

many points..."That soul is you, and am graetful to God you help me keep my faith show me how to wait it out" awesome...

and "So if you ever loose your hope you can have mine" WOW...sweet!

if i'm ever told that...eish...

Seasons & Reasons said...

I have read thru your entire posts.

All I can say is that you are an inspiration and I will be back.

Will also link to you

Savvy Dreamer said...

WOW!!! The first couple lines are exactly how my life is going now. The last lines give me hope. Thanks

Simon Kitururu said...

Nice one Prettylyf!

I walked,
lost in my thoughts
stuck in the past
trying to make something of the present
to build a future

Thats me right there!.....

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

awesome!! I just had huge realization so to speak and this poem echoes so much, you are a little genius you!

lulu said...

wow,its all about you for real

Nakeel said...

((S)) Lovely piece. Sweet.

City Love said...

hey man!
ive been so out of touch, personal problems like wow. .infact ill probably email you about them. arghhh. life sucks smetimes.

i read your entries, one of the few things i do online. as usual, what you say is exactly how i feel on most days...its crazy like that...

how are you doing? whts new? im so glad you commented to me, its good to know who good friends are :)

but yea, i'll email you, just wanted you to know im still here...:)
<3 Tah.

Zoe Believer said...

I feel what nae said..i feel like you are writing my thoughts..just more coherently. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Lovely blog. Remain blessed

Prettylyf said...

@nae-thanks for stop by mine and been in sync
@gishungwa-glad you found what you needed, thanks for the hug
@feather-i couldn't agree more
@3TTC-thanks
@Klara-thanks
@modo-thanks for the appreciation and hope for you someone tells you that, one day
@seasons and reasons-thanks for thinking me inspirational, please some again
@nahjaj-weird how different lives relate/cross, so glad you found hope, tis the reason for my poems
@Simon Kitururu-thanks for relating....
@scotchbiscuits-a lit'l genius?me? aww lol glad it echoed, more reason as to why I write
@lulu-hmmm...
@nakeel-thanks sis!
@cl, babes, thanks for stopping by, sometimes we just need someone else to say it...write me up when you've a min.life is full of those, good and bad but with God we conquer and come through victoriously <3, ta!
@Believer-thank you, sometimes we need to say it out loud to make it more real, tangible? thanks for stopping

Anonymous said...

My dear, you always manage me to think deep with your words and how true they are...

Pekiro said...

Sooo touchin! I envy u!!!!lol!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this one its a healer