Tuesday, July 17, 2007

8 random things

I got tagged by Pandave...

The Rules are:-

  1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So here goes mine...

  • I was addicted to coffee for a long time. I've been 'sober' of coffee for six months now and am still counting. It's a big achievement, if i say so myself
  • I dislike driving. I'd rather catch the trolley,ride the bus, or take a cab than drive. So, that's exactly what I do, leave my car home and commute
  • I hardly use the word-Hate-in regard to someone. If I said I hated someone I'd be saying I hate the God in them lol I can't explain it
  • I don't lye my hair. I always braid. I'm seriously contemplating dreads in a few months. Some people relate or misjudge people with locks but sporting dreads doesn't necessarily point you out as belonging to a certain 'group' or 'cult'. I'm still trying to figure out how to convince my moms, hopefully she won't keel over and die
  • I love men in uniform. Not cops though. Pilots, Paramedics, and Firemen. I've one and I love him to smitherings
  • I've disliked cops since October '03. I know not all of them are trigger-happy but since I lost somone very close to one of the few who are trigger-happy it's made it harder to even want to differentiate the good from the bad. Need I say I dislike guns?
  • Each time an ambulance, fire truck, and police car zoom past me, sirens going off I whisper a prayer for the person (s) they're rushing for
  • The person I am today I owe to my moms. She knows, I tell her each time we talk, over and over, it doesn't get old, b/c each day I discover a new piece, a new strength that I didn't even know existed. But above all I'm graetful to God for ever making her my moms. I love her to pieces, to the very last bit.

I tag Irena, Feather, Quintessence, scotchbiscuits, Betty, Cabbie Dearest, Gish, and Three types of crazy.

16 comments:

Three types of Crazy said...

off to do my homework

B n P said...

was here first then i had to go drink water..am First still!! lol

Nice list hun..i feel you about men in uniform (puuurr purrr)lol it gives 'em an 'everything under control aura'.
-betty-

hun si i did my list last month..do i re-do it?

gishungwa said...

men in uniform, i hear you. Got it and off to do it.

pandave said...

i so feel you about the driving. i live for the day i can pay someone (and trust them)to drive me around. big reason i ended up a commuter in nyc.

woot! on the no lye. i have locks and i won't lie, it is a commitment. the first year i would almost regret it on the regular but now i know it is the best thing i ever did for my hair. it is so much happier now.

sorry about your loss... not a fan of the guns.

i am so glad i tagged you!

Anonymous said...

So this is what has spawned this tag...tsk tsk! :-)

feather said...

never liked coffee unless its latte.interesting 8.

Prettylyf said...

@three types of crazy-I'll be over shortly to see how diligent a student you're with your homework :)

@Betty-lol@going to drink water ok u and three types of crazy tied on 1st fair 'nuff?
I also did mine before, like a month ago, no? but twas 7's and this is 8 randoms, different difference babes :)

@Gish-Off to yours in a minute to see how far you've got

@Pandave-now I know for sure tis a scorpio thing this don't-dig-driving thing lol I love been driven around, my poor bf, fam and friends are not happy campers lol ta! @ the dreads, i love the al naturale aura they convey and look
Again, thanks for the tag :)

@Aegeus-Is it now?

@Feather-Coffee was right there with my top faves for a very long time in my life, the love started when I was a kid, my own grams 'fed' me coffee for breakfast and bedtime snack who to blame? lol

Quintessence said...

hmmmm I see we've loads in common...aaaaaaaargh why the tag man, can I be exempt coz I've a cross btn a cold and flu that I can't shake off!!!

Prettylyf said...

@Quintessence-I thought we already figured that, sisters from different moms no? hehehe anyway you're expemted for now, feel better asap then do it? fair 'nuff?

modoathii said...

nice list (now have to make mine..thanks to you tagging gish...)

i feel you on the dreads....but people get used to them when they discover it's you noty your hair that defines you.

driving is fun...only the guys i carry never think so.

don't like cops too. i always feel for my ID whenever i see one.

cheers!

http://modoathii.wordpress.com

Cheri said...

Blogtrotting.

Just passing by. I see, u've been tagged too...

Prettylyf said...

@Modoathii-lol@feeling for your ID

@Cheri-thanks for stopping by

Nakeel said...

Men in uniform ooh kumbe.Plaiting the hair the sister thing sio?

Anonymous said...

Finally I can comment something on this joint without having to register with Google *phew* :-)
Well Men in Uniform? Okay ummm does the brown guys count (UPS)or we are talking Captain in the cockpit etc.
Oh driving: I love driving, I liek especially when playing my favorite tune. I told you and you laughed that I can take a drive aimlessly especially on Sunday afternoon.
Coffee: I'm an additc and nothing works for me every morning without the two.
On not putting lye on hair, join the club , even though I backslide this year, I have resumed with nappturalityness. For encouragement on your locks etc, join this website www.nappturality.com. The women gives me motivation. Kwanza right now I have my bantu knots LOL
Nice knowing a few extra habits about you ....

Klara said...

WOW!!
I love men in Uniform too bt definitely not those trigger happy cops..
I love keeping braids too, It's hassle free!

Prettylyf said...

@Nakeel-hey sis, yup plaiting = us and men in uniform lazima lol j/k

@Irena-Yeah, thanks for the website, will check it out, mos def, driving aimlessly with your tune on is great, coffee, I know what you mean, men in uniform? of course the UPS guy counts, those brown shorts on a summer day lol, captain in cockpit is also mmh mmh thanks for stopping by and doing the tag :)