Friday, February 02, 2007

Trying harder


It's always been a struggle
But did i try enough?
Have I really tried?
Am I really trying hard enough?

I sit and watch them
inside I die
I'm failing myself,
Again

I so bad want to be better than this
it stays with me for sometime
after a while it all goes away

When it comes back to me
I vow to myself
to try harder this time
then of course somewhere along the way
I let go

I look at all of them
I don't like any of them
I shrink and cringe
at their very sight

I gotta be better than this
No one can help me
but me
It starts and stops with me

I dislike them
and I won't stop no matter
what you all say

I'll only try harder

I want to try harder,
I am going to try harder
today better than i did yesterday
one day at a time

I'll put it down
push myself towards it
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me

I'll do what it takes
and sustain it
because I'll do it the right way


4 comments:

B n P said...

Nice one prettylyf,
I have of late being sking myself if am trying hard enough..if am making any progress out of this messy life.i have on countless occassions psyched myself up to push harder,and one day i wake up and all that psyche is gone.

Keep trying, you'll get there, and when you do, give yourself a pat on the back, you'll have deserved it!

B n P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wambui said...

Hon - keep your spirits up - you have such a way with words!!

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

I love your page. Will be here more often.