Tuesday, February 20, 2007

R.I.P

To me...

It doesn't matter how many times before this
you've expected her to come
or show up
and she hasn't

There's no future in the past
that she's here now
that she came today
that she stayed over the night yesterday
that she helped clean up today
is all that matters

R.I.P Mr. T.L.
I've so much respect for you
And each time my tall figure hovers over the coffeemaker I smile because you taught me to make the best cup of coffee. I still hear you instruct me.

I'm glad our paths ever crossed
I'm glad yours was the first face mine met each morning i walked in
I'm glad I got to pick up the newspaper at the doorstep and hand it over to you
I'm humbled you called me a 'miracle worker' and/or 'angel' for the small things I did
I'm glad I helped

4 comments:

crys said...

wow. sum story. it's great to see what others are sayng in their poetry and writing. thanx 4 dropping by. and my university and hostel happen to be at wandegeya.

crys said...

i cant beleive i ever disliked poetry at some point in my life!

Komi said...

It is the small things that you do that make a difference in life.

Savvy Dreamer said...

oh dani it... this thing ate my comment.

anywho... i was saying that i liked your post.

it's the little things that make life worth living.

u should listen to "Little Things" by India Arie