Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Un Prospero Ano Nuevo 2009

The title translates from spanish to english as "Have a prosperous new year 2009" which is what am wishing all of you

I'm not one to do a post. Period. Let alone an end year one. But again just like the post below one today seems uncharacteristically apropos. This is not a new year's resolution post. I don't do those LOL

08 was a great year for me. Depending on how you look at it.

I hadn't planned on typing up this. But as I do a couple of my guy friends are sprawled on couches playing some PS games and sipping on some heineken. In a few hours we will all suit up and hit some new year's eve party at Hollywood. Red carpet too I might add. Hey, I can brag it's my blog. LOL jk. But seriously I don't get to do posts that often. Not because I can't but because I can't write. Period. My sentence construction sucks. I digress.

I'd like to sit here and complain how bad a year 08 was. But guess what?! I won't because it wasn't. I made it to the last day of the year. And as I sit here am overwhelmed with gratitude by how much God has done for me and how gracious, awesome, loving and merciful He has been. He has protected me and provided for me, la familia and friends.

I've had my downs alright. Hit the bottom and thought that was going to be it. But no it hasn't because right around each corner a light has shone so bright it has thrown me off. Then I've recollected, regrouped and counted my blessings from God. So above all else am grateful to God with all my soul, mind and heart for all He has done. And trust me I can't even come close to saying it all.

Secondly, my moms and siblings. Thank you for been the awesomest family. I love you with all of me and would not trade you for the world.

Thirdly, the bff, you know yourself. Those nights and days. The vacay. Here's to more to come.

My friends Sandra & fam and Suze and la familia. Rita for been such a great friend. Y'all rock and then some. I'd like to name each last one of the angels and friends God has put in my life. But I can't. But you known what the great thing is? God knows each one of you by name. So I'm sending a special prayer up for you tonight for a thousand fold blessings to befall you in the year to come in a few hours or already here depending on your time zone. I love you all.

Thank you so much, God

3 comments:

Supaflyshi said...

I think you should write more posts... I amor your escrito..hope that makes sense. I'm toasting to a great '09...sih you the best, coz u deserve the best. much love

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

awwww!!!
happy, happy happy new year!!
(and your sentence bits are great-who cares if they are complete?)

pandave said...

Happy 2009 to you Prettylyf!
As I have followed your blog, I have been inspired by your optimism, strength and beautiful words.
So, thank you and I look forward to a 2009 with more Pretty in my Lyf.