Tuesday, November 04, 2008

GOD

Thank you for caring for me
when I've not cared
Thank you for loving me
when I've not loved me
Thank you for providing
when I've lacked
Thank you for listening
when I've needed an ear
Thank you for carrying me
when I've succumbed under my own weight
Thank you for a shoulder
when I've needed to put my head down
Thank you for wiping my tears
when I've cried
Thank you for lifting the burden
when I've been overwhelmed
Thank you for staying
when I've moved far far away from you
Thank you for forgiving me
when I've fallen
Thank you for your angels
when I've felt alone
Thank you for your protection
when fear has ceased my soul
Thank you for your guidance
for every path I've trod
Thank you for remaining unchanging
when I've been shifty
Thank you for being my friend
when others have disappointed me
Love me, carry me, grace me, mercy me
now and always, God

10 comments:

Savvy Dreamer said...

this is a great poem/prayer! loved it!

joyunspeakable2011 said...

there are several dimensions to our God. he is beyond understanding. it amazes me how God can bear with us...me. He still graces me so much you can never have the full idea.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this...

Robyn.K.Y said...

i like the flow,,ill be here,,ill hung here.

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...

so much so i went ahead and copied it and put on my joint....

thanks so much..(again)

Jennifer A. said...

"Thank you for loving me
when I've not loved me..."

Maua said...

Thank you sis, for reminding me to count my blessings, and thank God for every one of them.

Spot on.

pandave said...

I am loving the flow of creativity!

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

This is a sweet prayer, emphasises how the most wonderful thing about life is God's faithfulness.
I hope you are well...?!
I've been a stranger literarily, but you know I will update you in a long winding one!
Keep the smile:)