Monday, October 20, 2008

It used to be you who carried me

I used to cry to you
I used to talk to you
when I trod down a path wrong for me
when I was lost
you found me
when I was down trodden you
lifted me up
when I had not strength you
shared yours
we walked the same path
when I fell behind
you waited for me
like a soldier
if i fell you
fell with me
until I got back on my feet
when I lost my way
you helped me find it
you carried me
and you me
now am alone
it scares me
it defeats my heart
confuses my soul
I ache
but not a soul to listen
or carry me
or share faith and hope
with me
not a soul to pray with me
but me
so i soldier on and carry me
strengthen me
carry me
I carry me
I carry me

11 comments:

Savvy Dreamer said...

when there's no one else to depend on we have to depend on ourselves and know that God will gove us the strength we need to carry on.

Jennifer A. said...

There are times when we walk in pairs, and there are times when we walk alone...but we must press on.

lulu said...

i feel this poem, i have been here, so many times

Anonymous said...

inspiring.

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

you know, I have always wondered how to deal, how to heal, when the one you always run to, is the reason for all the hurt in you?
It takes a lot of time, and growth, to get to the place where your hearts stops trying to find the one who always was the comforter. and re assign the position, hopefully to God.
Don't you ever feel alone in this class, because I am sure the whole world is taking it with you. I have taken it what, 9 times...
learning to find my ultimate comfort and strength only in the unchanging God.
Did i write you an essay? My bad. I am just such an identifier, it's scary:)

Maua said...

There's the one who never leaves you, He carries you everywhere you go.

Carry on, for He's the only strength you need, even when you do not know, or think you need Him.

joyunspeakable2011 said...

very inspiring and true.

crys said...

like you said;- footsteps. you're a poet.

The poets voice ~~~ said...

its reaaly hard goiing from TWO to ONE God's strength is suffcient for us. May God bring you to that place of healing and give you the grace to carry on..

God Bless you.

pandave said...

This is lovely and so sad. And so important to go through things like this in life. I know you will find you have and incredible strength. And you will find many hands than you realise help carry you.

Thank you for sharing.

gishungwa said...

i hear this one. I so hear this one.