Friday, August 06, 2010

My Neighbors From Hell

You know that new show -Neighbors from Hell- ? well guess what? I'm living it! My neighbors are definitely out to get me and make my life as miserable as possible. You know the kind that make you not look forward to coming home from work even after one of those days? yea those. The kind that makes you gag a little in your mouth every time they walk by you because really how can they be so mean for absolutely no apparent reason. The kind that makes you want to move out and pay for a vacant apartment while living elsewhere. Because peace is of absolute importance to you.

What and where is home I ask? the place where the heart is? cliche but true. For most of us it is the place where our loved ones both family and friends are. While for some of us who are away from home it is that place that we turn into our little haven. The place where we escape to after a long 10hr shift of wearing the overpriced danskos that are supposed to give you back relief but really why are my heels and soles blistered and what is that ache that wasn't there yesterday. It's that peaceful place where you leave the world's troubles at the door and indulge yourself. It might be some soothing music, reading a book, a long shower, a bubble bath, a chilled glass of red at 9am because here in your little haven you make the rules. And who ever said we all don't have a lil French in us?

So when your little haven suddenly turns into a place you don't find peace and find yourself in. When it becomes a place where you can no longer lose yourself only to find yourself in time for the next shift. If that place becomes somewhere you don't look forward to going. If it makes you comb the streets for a spot instead of your assigned spot in the back. Then something is very wrong and it needs to be rectified with urgency.

And so that is why instead of coming home after a long shift at work and going to sleep I've been driving around looking for a new place and scheduling back to back viewings. I guess after living in one place for so long I forgot how finding a new place is a whole other job. I forgot how hard it is to find all the amenities you desire in one place. Like how a place can have a sauna, two year round heated pools and not have a dishwasher is beyond me or how it can have a dishwasher, patio, sauna, pool and not have a washer/dryer on site. Or how it can have everything I'm looking for and yet be a downstairs unit. Really how can I not feel like the universe has ganged up against me? I need to move by early September. Its taken everything in me this far to not use a few or very many choice words and tell 'em off. Its taking the little peace I have left after work. And I do not want to. I refuse to live here a day longer than I should. I want out. I want my peace. I want my quiet. I want to reclaim my safe, peaceful, quiet haven all over again because I deserve it.

So pray for me my dear readers. Pray for me to find a place soon and to start the moving process.


3 comments:

Kafo said...

I really can't imagine what you are going through. For most of my adult life I have lived out of a box, in another person's space.

But even though I can't imagine your frustration is leaping off the page and so I pray you find a place as soon as possible.
I don't even know what country you are living in so i have no advice,

but seriously
breathe in breathe out
and don't make a hurried decision based on fear that will then cost you grief
so happy home hunting
and try and find some joy in the process, don't let your neighbors rob you of that

Savvy Dreamer said...

I will be praying for you to find a new place. I could not put up with that. I love my home more than any place in the world! Keep strong... don't hurt anyone.

Maua said...

I'm late, but did you find a haven? Sorry been long.