Thursday, February 19, 2009

homage to the woman I am

this woman is who she is
with all the confidence in the world
to prance around like she belongs
she won't be condemned by the society
or belittled by man's opinion
she will not save face to get by
this woman will not be put down
she does what she pleases
this woman is who she is
this woman is a woman who fears God
she has been called naive
she has been called ballsy
yet she will not apologize for her boldness
or for who she is
this woman is who she is
she has been known to have her way
and change everyone's mind
soaring to greater heights
this woman is who she is
a woman of her own

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a woman of her own indeed...i like it.

Kafo said...

two thumbs up
wayyyyyyyyy indeed

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

I miss you, you super woman. I can't believe how long its been.
this poem is helping me visualize you kicking the world's butt! You go!!

Savvy Dreamer said...

I admire this woman.The kind of woman I want to be when I grow up
:-)

pandave said...

i am woman, hear me roar!
what powerful words and amen to them all.
it's good to remind yourself and world that you need to be who you are.
who else can you be?

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

there is a maya angelou peom you'll love..I cant tell you what is called to save my life, something about phenomenal woman..google it already!

feather said...

A toast to this kind of woman