Friday, January 11, 2008

Praise

It came
with a slow start
painfully buried in tears
almost no strength to pull through
but you, God, saw me through it

Suddenly it seemed to pick up
dust off and rush right through
suddenly it was I trying to stay caught up
trusting you to keep track

I braved cold nights and days
dark nights and days
rainy nights and days
I trod many a path alone
alone but with you

I lay here today
eyes swelling up in tears
my soul, heart and my whole being
bursting out with gratitude
how can I ever give it all back
to you Oh my Lord?
I discern to strive, Lord
strive to live for you
by your laws
in my thoughts, actions, words and whole being

I cannot do it on my own
so help me Lord help me
to live for you
and in you

Thank you, Lord
I cannot put into words
everything you're to me
everything you've been to me
everything you'll always be to me
the miracles, Lord
big and small
the angels, Lord
you send my way

I cannot thank you enough
guide me through this new one God
pave paths for me
uplift me
uphold me
grace, mercy, love me
just one more time, God

8 comments:

Zoe Believer said...

Lord I thank you for pretty life, for the power that comes with her words. I thank you that although her journey may have been long she has come through shining with an exemplary faith in you. Remain blessed.

Unknown said...

you are back. Happy new year. and once again powerful and beautiful words.
Hapy new year, May you continue to walk in God's endless favour.

Admin UD said...

In every circumstances we shul give thanks! Believe and pray and it shall all come to pass. Cheers!!

gishungwa said...

Things are looking better now at least there is relative calm yet we are already praising him for total peace and restoration of your families and country.
all i can think of is Job's words, even "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;I will surely defend my ways to his face."
You are a blessing to me, thanks.

Jennifer A. said...

Beautiful words to God. Amen.

Anonymous said...

very powerful. i admire you!

Nakeel said...

Lovely and powerful words. We alright sis. Thanks for the prayer too.

joyunspeakable2011 said...

You know what...praise is becoming to the upright....praise leads to more praise, more praise, more praise.

thanks for letting praise be ordained from your mouth. God bless