Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Heart's Ache

The streets are abandoned
deserted
cars safely tucked in parking spots
and garages
laughter finds its way into the empty streets
laughter from houses filled
with warmth from family and friends
in feasting
You and I torn apart by the distance
tears tease to spill from my eyes
I choke and cough to stop them
stop this feeling that consumes me and takes residence in me
I'm thinking of you
In my mind, soul, and heart
am grateful for the days and nights we've been together,
the times we've shared
cherished and savored
in this cold and sadness that now resides in me
our memories keep me warm
memories of times we've dined and wined together
of times we've hugged and kissed
of moments we've bopped our heads in rhythm to music that has grown on us
so today despite our been far far apart
I want you to know that I've never loved you more
I tap strength from this aloneness
In spirit we're together
You're sitted right here beside me
We're cuddling and smiling at the joy of being together
we're holding hands
we're hugging really tight as though our lives depended on it
we're saluting each other with a click of our wine glasses

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaani, you got me from where you say "torn by distance", you had me there. now you gone and made me miss her more..shucks...

nice poem! love it

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

this is sweet. so easy to identify with. and reminds me of Avril's
"when you're gone"
sigh.

Zoe Believer said...

Sweety, I love the honesty of your words. Hang in there and let your memories keep you warm. Sooner or later you'll create more moments. Remain blessed.

Queen of My Castle said...

Awww, I know how you feel, honestly. I loved this piece. Am with Believer, hang in there.

*Hugs*

~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

you'll never believe how many people out there identify with this.
You know behind all these determined shoppers faces and all these twinkly lights are some really really heavy hearts. I almost completely agree to the notion that holidays rip more hearts than they warm.
Happy holidays for what it is worth.