Tuesday, January 16, 2007

When God whispers your name

I choose love
no occasion justifies hatred
no injustice warrants bitterness
I choose love
Today I'll love God and what God loves

I choose Joy
I invite God to be the God of circumstance
I refuse the temptation to be cynical
I refuse to see people as anything less than human beings,
created by God.
I refuse to see amything less than an opportunity to see God

I choose peace
I'll live forgiven
I'll forgive so that I may live

I choose patience,
I overlook the inconveniences of the world
Rather than complain the wait is too long, I'll thank God for a moment to pray.
Instead of clenching my fist at new assignments, I'll face them with joy
and courage

I choose kindness
I'll see God in everyone

I choose goodness
I'll go without a dollar
before I take a dishonest one. I'll be overlooked
before I'll boast. I'll confess before i accuse
I choose goodness

I choose faithfulness
Today I'll keep promises

I choose gentleness
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle
If I raise my voice may it be only in praise
If I clench my fist may it be only in prayer
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself

I choose self-control
I'll be impassioned only by God
I'll be influenced only by God
I'll be taught only by Christ
I choose self-control

Love,joy,peace,patience,kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
to these i commit my day
If i succeed, I'll give thanks
If I fail, I'll seek His sufficient grace
renewed mercies, unfailing and steadfast love

1 comment:

Komi said...

This is simply beautiful! May we live only for such moments...Happy 2007!