Thursday, January 08, 2009

Doubt

the lights blurred
as I walked
tears streamed my face
i was falling apart
i look out the window
look out to a happy world
behind the window a girl
so lost
in profound misery
I doubt
I doubt so much
it seeps from me into the ground

the thirsty dry ground takes it in
one minute here the next gone
like it never existed only I know it did
i doubt
i douth so much
prisoner to self
hands tightly cling to the bars

standing on tiptoes
take a peek
its all chaos still
shattered
i doubt
I doubt so much
it escapes me
permeating the air
i watch it blend in
as if it never were apart of me
and i feel empty
i doubt
i doubt so much

a girl
scared of the crashing waves
and giants
i doubt
i doubt
i doubt so much

4 comments:

pandave said...

it's like you just rip away the bandaid and let it all out.
so powerful. you know sometimes when in that moment, it is such a challenge to believe in better times. but, it seems that most things work in cycles. up is coming. up is coming. tears are healthy and good. up is coming.

Kafo said...

this was mii last night

beautifully written

thanks

Anonymous said...

aiiii this tore at me.

Supaflyshi said...

I feel this today. Great writing!!